CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 23, 2009

25

My 25th anniversary of life's coming up soon... March 10th. Last year March was an incredibly ugly month for me. This year I want a do-over. I'm partying for 24 AND 25 and the next 80 years to come! I want to go to Disneyland too :-)

I've been doing the vegetarian thing for the last week. I used to be a vegetarian back in college for a couple years, and then I got drunk one night at a sorority event and ate chicken. And it was good. So I reverted to my meat-eating ways. Anyhow, my mom got me this book called Skinny Bitch. I haven't finished it, but it's basically a swift kick to the ass about your eating habits, etc. in order to slim down. I've been trying to shed a few so I decided to read it. And the chapter about meat did me in. I don't want to preach or anything, but reading about the way animals are killed in slaughterhouses, the conditions they are kept in, and the toxins that are pumped into them was enough to convert me back to my veggie ways. Pff, I wanted to go vegan even! But did you know that dairy is in like everything? Too difficult. I am trying to cut back though. I even had this bitchin cheeseless pizza with caramelized onions, red peppers and mushrooms.

Sad thing is that one of the things I was really looking forward to for my birthday was going to Wokcano for dinner with the whole fam, since I love(d) their orange chicken and chicken lo mein and spicy garlic chicken and chicken dumplings (I was never really into the red meat). But when I reassure myself that so what, I can eat chicken if I want to, I realize I don't want to. And the pounds are starting to come off. Tonight hubby and I are going to hit up the market to get some more foods for the week. Skinny bitch, here I come!

P.S. Can you tell that I'm really into including links in my posts now?

No comments: