CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Tourists in our own backyard...

We got out a little this weekend! I know, a rarity in our household. But in all fairness, we've made it a point to get out more and see new sights, try new things this year. It's the year of us. Yeah, we're corny.

So we decided to check out Hollywood. But first we made an awkward detour to a mountain. There wasn't much to see. Other than this lucky ladybug...
So after determining that said mountain venture was a bust, we moved on to Hollywood and Highland. Ate at a little place called ... oh shit, what was it called? I can't remember. All I can tell you is that it had the most incredible spinach and artichoke dip we've ever had. Amazing. I think it was in the crostini. Which darling Adam refers to as bruschetta.
Now now, before you get on me for cheating on my diet, just know that there are both spinach and artichokes in that dip. That's TWO vegetables. :-P

We played around town for a bit and even checked out the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum (eh, yawn). We were asked constantly where we were from - I guess we have that tourist look about us (ick!).


I am quite pleased that we had this little outing today; I think it's always nice to take the oportunity to look at your surroundings in a new light. People from all over the world would give anything to take a trip to Los Angeles, and we take living here for granted. From now on, it's carpe diem, baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lex- you are so lucky to have all that in your "backyard". One day, when I come to LA-you will have to be my tour guide!!