CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 21, 2011

10 Months Old

Well now this is just unfair. How am I to be expected to write about all of G's accomplishments now that she's into the double digits in months without sobbing like the baby she once was?! She will never again be only single-digit months old. I mean really, she's practically a child now, not a wee little baby. She'll always be my baby though, of course :-)

This month really was spent perfecting a lot of her new skills that she's acquired the last few months. She is cruising expertly and I'm afraid she's going to have her sights set on walking relatively soon. A week ago I found her rummaging through a laundry bin filled with her toys (ok it just happened to be a quick and easy way to keep her stuff all together in the living room!). She picked one up and stood there just inspecting it. Not holding on to anything. Just standing there holding her toy. I wish I could tell you what would have happened next, but I grabbed her because she was just so darn cute. So who knows? Maybe she would have busted out in a little jig or something. ;-)

She just loves getting into everything now and has an obsession with shoes, purses and jewelry. Well, the jewelry thing has been going on for months now, but I'm not sure if I've mentioned it yet. She LOVES staring at it and twiddling it around in her tiny fingers. My mom always has a lot of jewelry on (ok, but not in a crazy lady sort of way), and G adores it. And purses... well, she just happened to grab onto a little pink purse at Gymboree... and when I tried to take it from her, she freaked out. So, she now has her first purse. Oy. Mini temper tantrums already!? I thought that happened at 2, not 9 and a half months!

Her new thing this month is she helps me undress her. LOL. When I start to lift up her top or onesie she yanks it up and off over her head! It's so funny to see her do actual things that us "grown-ups" do, even if they're run of the mill, ordinary things. She's still comfortably in the 6-12 month size, which boggles my mind because she's in the 90th percentiles for height and weight. She does have some 18 month pants that she wears. It's kind of nice to see her be able to wear things a little bit longer - she blew through the 0-3 and 3-6 month stuff so fast, I was sad to put away outfits that were worn only once. Now it's funny because I'm getting sick of seeing some of her winter clothes that she's been wearing since December (I may just be ready for warm spring weather already!).

Words-wise she's still saying mama, dada, up and now nana (though not to her grandmas or anything in particular at this point). I'm really excited to see what new words will crop up next in her little vocabulary. Her upper teeth (not the front ones!) are thisclose to coming through, any hour now, seriously. I have a feeling that a bunch of teeth are going to break through really soon. We've had a couple nights where she wakes up uncomfortable for a bit, so hopefully we can get them all over with soon!

Anyhow here's my little munchkin on her 10 month birthday. Less than 2 months to go 'til her party!







Oh and here are some Easter-y shots I snapped of her the other day. I got this roll of paper from Michaels for $3 (after a coupon ;-)). It was so hard to get her to stay still! This little one loves to move around on me now. I usually take like 60-100 frames when I do a little shoot with her (I am indeed nuts - whatever she's a little ham and loves it), but I was only able to do about 30 before giving up... And I had like no natural light going so I had to bump up my ISO = noisy pictures. Ah well I still love em!





    3 comments:

    mrsjsanders said...

    I've been a follower for months she's so adorubly cute and getting so much bigger i'm sure you know by now that time is flying and before you know it, you're going to have TODDLER!!!!!

    That background from Michael looks so real i'm going to have to check their paper out.

    Kimberly said...

    She seriously could not get any cuter!! I can't believe that they are 10 months already. How is it possible that we are going to have babies that are a whole year old?! It's just crazy!

    Sarah Swift said...

    Lexi! These pictures are so good! You have a real talent for taking pictures!